- What panels are suitable for ceilings that are safe against ball throwing?
Our acoustic panels for ceilings that are safe against ball throwing are: Heradesign® fine and Heradesign® micro, with a thickness of 35 mm.
- What fire behaviour (building material class) does Heradesign have?
All Heradesign acoustic panels are rated in the Euro Class B-s1, d0 at least (flame resistant). The new Heradesign® fine /A2 is rated as A2-S1,d0 (non-combustible). Details can be found in the data sheets.
- How are Heradesign acoustic panels coloured at the construction site afterwards?
Paint is supplied with a fine brush to cover edges made at the construction site, to cover the screw heads and minor installation damage as well as chipped fibre, etc. For metallic colours, a StoColorIn paint must be used as a primer.
- What screw is suitable for fastening Heradesign panels to CD sections?
Screws with a head diameter of at least 9 mm are suitable as well as bugle head screws with milled ribs on the back, hardened drill points, tapping screw thread, partial thread, and corrosion protected. Required screw length: panel thickness + at least 10 mm.
- How are the screw heads finished after mounting?
The screw heads are covered with the supplied paint, or an equivalent, with a fine brush right after mounting. For metallic colours, the screw head must be primed in advance with StoColorIn in the same shade. Only afterwards is the metallic paint to be applied with a fine brush.
- What type of mounting is suitable for ceilings that are safe against ball throwing?
For ceilings that are safe against ball throwing, we recommend screw mounting on wooden laths or CD sections 60/27/0.7. The centre distance of the cross joists or cross bars is a maximum of 625 mm.
- Are Heradesign acoustic panels suitable for outdoor applications?
Yes, Heradesign acoustic panels are suitable for sheltered outdoor applications. However, they must neither be exposed to direct nor indirect weathering. For such applications exterior paint must be used.
- How many screws are needed to fasten an acoustic panel with a size of 1250 x 625 to a ceiling that is safe against ball throwing?
9 Heradesign screws are needed per panel, which means 3 screws for each panel width and lath or CD section.
- Are Heradesign panels suitable for swimming pools?
Heradesign panels are suitable for swimming pools. However, they must not come into direct contact with water spray.
- What screw is suitable for fastening Heradesign panels to wood laths?
Drywall screws are suitable for wooden frames, a head diameter of at least 9 mm is suitable, as well as bugle head screws with milled ribs on the back, partial thread, and corrosion protected. Required screw length: panel thickness + at least 25 mm.